Children in the Pre-Prep usually arrive at around 8.30 am where they can play with their friends before school.
Parents are encouraged to stay but you can leave your child with the staff on duty, as unaccompanied children are supervised in the playground from 8.30am.
Our school day starts promptly at 8.45 am when the children are registered and start the day.
Following registration the day usually continues as below:
- 09.00 am Session 1 – Mathematics or English
- 10.00 am Assembly
- 10.30 am Snack time with fruit and milk or water, and outdoor playtime
- 11.00 am Session 2 – English or Mathematics
- 12.10 pm Lunch - a choice of hot or cold meal locally sourced and cooked on site. We are happy to cater for Special diets.
- 1.15 pm Session 3 – Creative Curriculum to include Science, Humanities, Music, Art, ICT etc.
- 2.30 Assembly
- 2.50 Story time and final activities
- 3.15 pm End of School Day
At some point during each day every child will read to an adult.
Other activities that take place throughout the week:
- Swimming and Dance.
- Forest School / Outdoor learning
PE, Dance and Music are taught once a week by specialist teachers.
The children will do something physical every day to promote their development. This will include specialist PE lessons, dance lessons, ball skills sessions (to prepare the children for team games and a range of ball sports), swimming and movement sessions with their class teacher.
On Fridays at 2.30pm we hold our “Special Assembly” where children receive awards and may perform to a warm and supportive audience. Parents are very welcome to attend this assembly.