Students are invited to help raise money for a variety of charities but more importantly they are also taught about the work of the charities they are raising money for. The chosen charities visit the pupils to give presentations and/or assemblies on the work that they do and some of the pupils are able to assist the charities at their workplace.
During the first week of the academic year all of the girls and boys are invited to attend an overnight camping trip to get to know each other and members of staff better. The camp takes place at school on 9 Acre. All years, except year 3 camp overnight. Over the two days they undertake activities such as the climbing wall, circus skills, bushcraft skills, laser tag, crazy golf and many other team building exercises. This is a fantastic opportunity to build trust and relationships with staff, for the older pupils to take responsibility and the younger ones to start bonding with their peers.
Then throughout the year each year group has two team-building mornings.
PSHCE is addressed every week in forms. Issues such as internet awareness, British values, drug abuse and sex education are discussed with specialist educators.
Trips and Visits
Throughout the term and during the holiday there are numerous trips. Some are to enrich the curriculum, some to support pastoral care and others are co-curricular.
Here's a taste of a few of the trips our Prep students went on last year.
- Latin - 'Pompeii Live' - Years 5 and 6 (biannual)
- Latin - Life and Death in Pompeii & Herculaneum' Exhibition at the British Museum - Years 7 and 8
- Topic - Cutty Sark
- Geography - Power Station Dungeoness
- Geography- Seven Sisters - Year 6
- Latin - Verulamium - Year 8
- French - A week in France - Year 7
- Maths - Educational trip to Sainsbury's
- Science - Year 5 - Hurstmonceaux Observatory
- Science - Year 6 - Science Museum
- Science - Year 7 - Wakehurst Place
- Science - Year 8 - Wakehurst Place
For Fun and Development
- Year 8 Leavers' Trip
- Year 8 High Ropes