The foundation stone of our magnificent main red-brick building was laid on 12 July 1864, a companion to the building at our spiritual heart, the 13th century St Saviour’s Chapel.
Our teaching and boarding facilities are very much 21st Century, however, subject to continual upgrades to meet technological progress and a striving for high standards.
The latest additions include a second Astro-Turf, a state-of-the-art Sports and Conditioning Centre, a contemporary Economics and Business Studies Centre and a superb Sixth-Form boarding house, Godwin Hall. All its 96 bedrooms are en-suite and share an impressive common room area, kitchens, computer suites and TV rooms.
Our range of sports facilities includes six tennis courts, two all-weather pitches, three cricket squares, nine football pitches, a swimming pool and a host of recreational spaces throughout our beautiful Estate.