The Ardingly College Patrons’ Circle was instigated with the support of 11 founding Patrons, all of whom are prominent members of the Ardingly Community. Each Patron has expressed a wish to make a meaningful commitment towards the College's infrastructure and facilities (the “Capital Fund”), or the College's means-tested Bursary Programme (the “Bursary Fund”).
There are two categories of Patrons:
- An Ardingly College Patron is any current or former parent (or set of parents), any Old Ardinian or other member of the Ardingly Community who makes, or commits to make, a charitable contribution to the College with a value of £3,000 or more, either at one time, or over a three year period.
- An Ardingly College Life Time Patron is any current or former parent (or set of parents), any Old Ardinian or other member of the Ardingly Community who makes, or commits to make, a charitable contribution to the College with a value of £50,000 or more, either at one time, or over the course of his or her life.
In acknowledgement of their support, the Headmaster and Chairman of Governors host an Annual Patrons' Dinner, which offers the opportunity for an exchange of information and ideas. Patrons are also offered VIP invitations to key College events.
We thank our Founding Patrons for their support.
- Mr Charles & Mrs Bunty Godwin
- Mr Robert & Mrs Andrea Haynes Brown
- Mr Douglas & Mrs Julia Johnson-Poensgen
- Dr Heather Lawrence
- Mr Andrew Pierce & Mrs Christine Gibson-Pierce
- Mr Jim Sloane & Mrs Sarah Chapman
- Mrs Clare & Mr Haitham Tamimi
- Mr Graham & Mrs Margery Turner
- Mr Can & Mrs Jennifer Uran
- Mr Nicholas & Mrs Annabel Walker
- Mr Charles & Mrs Melissa Draycott
For more information on how to become a Patron, please contact Paddy Jackman on 01444 893020, who will be happy to talk you through the charitable contribution required to join, alongside the VIP benefits that can be enjoyed as a Patron.
'To invest in education is to plant a tree under whose shade you never expect to sit yourself.'